Based on the STDF Strategy for 2020-2024, the STDF identified Practitioner Groups on priority topics for safe trade as an opportunity to further develop its global partnership and expand its reach and resources.
The STDF PPPs Practitioner Group aims to support and improve the planning, delivery and dissemination of STDF's work on PPPs. The STDF Secretariat convenes members of this Group to benefit from their expertise, exchange experiences and learning, and promote innovations and synergies to expand PPPs that facilitate safe trade.
The STDF PPP Practitioner Group is expected to result in:
- new collaborative relationships to promote the use of PPPs to strengthen SPS capacity and facilitate safe trade for the benefit of developing countries;
- new information and knowledge products on experiences and learning related to the use of PPPs for dissemination on the STDF website and via members; and
- additional resources promote the use of PPPs to build SPS capacity and facilitate safe trade.
More information is available in this concept note.
- Centre for Agriculture and Bioscience International (CABI)
- Europe-Africa-Caribbean-Paicific Liaison Committee (COLEACP)
- European Union
- UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- Food Industry Asia
- Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI)
- Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation (GATF/WEF)
- International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) Secretariat
- STDF former developing country expert - Sanjay Dave, Scientific Committee of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
- STDF former developing country expert - Delilah Cabb, Belize Agricultural Health Authority (BAHA)
- STDF former developing country expert - Martha Byanyima, Land O'Lakes
- STDF developing country expert - Mirian Bueno, Honduras National Plant and Animal Health and Agrifood Safety Agency (SENASA)
- STDF developing country expert - Visoni Timote, Pacific Plant Protection Organisation (PPPO)
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- United States
- World Bank Group (WBG)
- World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE)
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
To find out more about how to join this group, please contact STDFSecretariat@wto.org
- Presentation held on 30 September 2020: STDF Practitioner Group on PPPs (Marlynne Hopper - STDF Secretariat);
- Presentation held on 19 November 2020: The OIE initiative on PPPs (Isabelle Dieuzy Labaye - OIE);
- Presentation held on 21 January 2021: UNIDO's work on PPPs (Ali Badarneh - UNIDO).
- Presentation held on 29 April 2021: Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation work on PPPs (Amine Belkhadir, Yuri Saito, and Candice White)
- Presentation held on 08 September 2021: FAO’s approach to private sector engagement (Alexander Jones and Ivan Prusina - FAO)
- European Commission for the Control of FMD Podcast: "Public-Private Partnership Applied to Control of Fast Diseases (Dr Isabelle Dieuzy-Labaye and Dr Bouda Vosough Ahmadi)";
- OIE: The OIE PPP Handbook;
- OIE: The OIE PPP e-learning courses;
- OIE: The OIE Panorama - 25 key opinion leaders share their experience and views on PPP.